PLEASE NOTE: Oneida County government offices are closed to the public on 12/31/21 in observance of the New Year’s holiday. COVID-19 data is slated to be updated again on 1/3/22.
County Executive Picente held a press conference earlier to address the high positive case number reported today. You can watch it here: https://fb.watch/adO0VQ_heq/.
Here are the Oneida County COVID-19 case numbers as of midnight on Dec. 29.
- 753 new positive cases, 39,675 total.
- 2,399 active positive cases.
- 9.4% positivity rate.
- 5 new COVID-19-related deaths, 593 total.
- 3,808 in mandatory isolation & quarantine.
- 67 Oneida County residents are hospitalized.
o 42 unvaccinated/25 vaccinated
o 51 at MVHS
o 8 at Rome Health
o 8 out of county
- 9 of total hospitalized are in the ICU.
- 7 unvaccinated/2 vaccinated
- 5 of total hospitalized are on ventilators.
- 4 unvaccinated/1 vaccinated
- 4 of total hospitalized are from long-term care facilities.
- 3 unvaccinated/1 vaccinated
o Hospitalization vaccination status by age:
- 20-29 years-old: 5 unvaccinated/1 vaccinated
- 30-39 years-old: 5 unvaccinated/0 vaccinated
- 40-49 years-old: 2 unvaccinated/2 vaccinated
- 50-59 years-old: 8 unvaccinated/1 vaccinated
- 60-69 years-old: 8 unvaccinated/2 vaccinated
- 70-79 years-old: 7 unvaccinated/7 vaccinated
- 80-89 years-old: 4 unvaccinated/12 vaccinated
- 90-99 years-old: 3 unvaccinated/0 vaccinated
- 63% of the patients currently hospitalized are unvaccinated.
- The average age of the unvaccinated patients currently hospitalized is 59 years-old.
- The average age of the vaccinated patients currently hospitalized is 72 years-old.
- Of the vaccinated patients currently hospitalized, 80% are at least 6 months past full vaccination.
Updated Oneida County COVID-19 Dashboard: https://hoccpp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d88f4e10d59d4553b24c3add5abcbb0b.