The Rome Rotary Club announced the return of the annual photography contest, to be held in the Boathouse at Bellamy Harbor Park during Canalfest’22.
The show will open at 5 pm on Friday, August 5 and will run throughout the Canalfest. Entry fees are $7.00 per photograph. All photographs must be dropped off at Bellamy Park boathouse between Noon (12pm) and 5:30pm on Thursday, August 4. Entry Forms will be available to fill out at the boathouse at the time of submission. Judging will be Friday afternoon by Jason Tockey, Executive Director of the Rome Art and Community Center. Photography Awards will be announced and presented on stage on Saturday, August 6 at 7:00pm.
• All photographs must be framed in a simple metal or wooden frame
• For a more professional look, matting your photograph is highly suggested.
• All frames must be wired for hanging – only properly framed and wired photos will be accepted for entry.
• Color and black & white photos will be accepted.
• All photos are judged on image, quality, and presentation.
• Cash prizes will be awarded for: Amateur First ($100), Second ($50) and Third ($25).
• Limit one prize per person.
• Ribbons will be given for People’s Choice, President’s Award and Rotary Club Award
• Professionals may enter to exhibit their work, but are not eligible for competition. *A professional is anyone who earns over 50% of his/her income from photography.
• NOTE: We ask that all frames have a wire secured to the back of the frame – about 1/3 of the way down the frame – stretched from left to right. The wire should not show above the photo when it is hung. Remember, presentation is an important part of the judging process, so try your best to present your image in the best way possible.