Long before the B-2 Spirit and even ahead of the Concorde’s first flight in 1969, there was the North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie. This supersonic strategic bomber is basically the prototype version of the B-70 and was capable of cruising comfortably for thousands of miles in speeds excess of Mach 3+ while flying at 70,000-feet. The goal was to have the XB-70 evade interceptor aircraft at those speeds and altitude, the only effective weapon against bomber aircraft at the time. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Flying at Mach 3+ also meant that the aircraft would be extremely difficult to see on radar displays and its high-altitude capacity could not be matched by any contemporaneous Soviet interceptor or fighter aircraft at the time. What eventually lead to the discontinuous of the program was the advent of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) during the late 1950s, which made manned bombers be seen increasingly as obsolete. However, two prototype aircraft, designated XB-70A, were manufactured and used for supersonic test-flights during 1964–69. One of them crashed, and the last remaining Valkyrie bomber can be viewed at the National Museum of the United States Air Force near Dayton, Ohio.
DJI Mini SE – Camera Drone with 3-Axis Gimbal, 2.7K Camera, GPS, 30-min Flight Time, Reduced Weight, Less Than 0.55lbs / 249 gram Mini Drone, Improved Scale 5 Wind Resistance, Gray
- Light as a Smartphone – Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go – The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky – DJI Mini SE’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail – DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance – DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.