Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way live from Miami, Florida. Tonight’s card features CM Punk vs. Matt Sydal, Ruby Soho vs. The Bunny, and The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager) vs. Junior Dos Santos, Scorpio Sky, and Ethan Page. UFC star Jorge Masvidal will be ringside for that bout, perhaps looking for the perfect opportunity to knock out Jericho once again.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
REMINDER: Please keep GIFs and pics to a minimum. They slow down updates and refreshes for some of your fellow community members.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR OCT. 15
- Rampage begins with Matt Sydal in the ring awaiting CM Punk’s entrance to Cult of Personality. It’s clobberin’ time, folks.
- The Miami crowd is chanting for ice cream bars early in the match. Sydal is trying to blow up Punk’s cardio, and Punk is trying to slow him down. Sydal is stretching Punk out with a bow and arrow. The crowd loves CM Punk. Punk listens to the crowd and tries to slam Sydal, but it backfires when Sydal counters. That’s what Punk gets for trying to give the people what they want. Punk eventually gets payback when he brutally slams Sydal onto the edge of the ring apron. Both men climb up onto the top rope, punching each other in the head looking for an advantage, and both go spilling outside to the floor on different sides of the ring.
- Later on, Punk was able to lock in the Anaconda Vice, but Sydal quickly got his feet onto the ropes to break the hold. Sydal comes back with a kick to the head and the Lightning Spiral finisher, but Punk kicks out. Sydal gets a little too fancy with his leaping offense and gets caught on Punk’s shoulders going for a crucifix, in perfect position for a sudden GTS. CM Punk defeats Matt Sydal. The two men shake hands after the match.
- Dark Order is backstage challenging Young Bucks and Adam Cole to a match. They want to do their part to help Hangman Page in his future battles coming with Kenny Omega and The Elite.
- Ruby Soho vs. The Bunny is up next. Taz is singing Ruby’s theme music on commentary. This one went much longer than three minutes and continued through a commercial break. There were some rough looking bumps early on, including Ruby’s neck getting smashed into the turnbuckle. Ruby survived a German suplex, and eventually picked up the win after turning The Bunny’s finisher into a backslide. Ruby Soho defeats The Bunny.
- After the match was over, Penelope Ford ran out and ambushed Soho from behind. Ford and The Bunny ganged up on Ruby in the ring. Ford knocked out Soho with a brass knuckles punch.
- Commentary runs down the card for tomorrow night’s Saturday Dynamite, which now includes Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta, as well as Penelope Ford vs. Kiera Hogan.
- They announce Andrade vs. PAC for next week’s Rampage. The TBS championship tournament bracket will also be revealed next week on Rampage.
- Mark Henry interviews the Inner Circle and American Top Team. Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, and Sammy Guevara vs. Men of the Year and Junior Dos Santos is next. It’s time for the main event!
- The audience sings Jericho and the Inner Circle to the ring, as usual. Dan Lambert then runs down the crowd for singing that crap in American Top Team’s home turf. The audience chants “Shut the fuck up!” at him.
- It doesn’t take long for Junior Dos Santos to get involved in the main event. This is his pro wrestling debut. He goes at it with Jericho, pummeling Chris with strikes and a “big boot.” Hager tags in and tries his hand at dealing with Junior. Jericho is distracted by Jorge Masvidal on the outside and pays for it when he is attacked from behind. Later on, Sammy goes apeshit, nailing Sky with a double spring board cutter.Jericho tries to finish Sky off with a Lionsault, but the heels break up the pin. On the outside, Hager drives Dos Santos through the timekeeper’s table, taking him out of the fight. Inside the ring, Jericho reverses Sky’s TKO into the Walls of Jericho. But Paige VanZant distracts the ref, Masvidal KO’s Jericho with the running knee again, and The Inner Circle loses. Men of the Year and Junior Dos Santos defeat The Inner Circle.
- After the match is over, the rest of American Top Team enters the ring to continue the beatdown on the Inner Circle. Santana and Ortiz come out to make the save and run off the heels. They try to help a groggy Jericho to his feet as the show goes off the air.