What: Help the American Heart Association fight heart disease in women at the Utica Go Red For Women Luncheon. It is a time to celebrate women and empower them to improve their heart health.
This year’s luncheon will recognize the second annual Go Red Survivor Class, sponsored by First Source Federal Credit Union, featuring eight local women who are survivors of heart disease and stroke.
Other highlights include hearing from Passion Speaker Cheryl Murdock, a heart transplant survivor, and Go Red For Women Chairwoman Kristen Martin of Utica National Insurance Group
Where: Daniele’s Banquet Specialists 8360 Seneca Turnpike New Hartford, NY
When: Wednesday, May 3rd Luncheon program runs from 12 noon – 1:00 p.m.
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women.
- More women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined.
- 1 in 3 American women die of heart disease and stroke, compared to 1 in 30 women that die of breast cancer.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Eighty percent of cardiac events in women may be prevented if they make the right choices for their hearts, involving diet, exercise and abstinence from smoking
Go Red For Women is nationally sponsored by Macy’s and CVS Health and locally sponsored by Utica National Insurance Company, First Source Federal Credit Union, VNA Home Care, M&T Bank, MVHS, and Excellus, BlueCross, BlueShield.